POSITION TITLE : SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITY REPORTS TO: Sr. Safety Consultant,
EMPLOYMENT STATUS ☒ Full-Time ☒ Exempt
The Safety Consultant provides clients with strategic safety leadership for the purpose of
establishing a culture of safety. The Safety Consultant designs, develops and implements safety programs, training, policies and procedures as well as tracks performance and implements preventative measures to reduce client’s risk and promote the safety of its employees.
William T. Paletski, PE CSP
Sr. EHS Consultant | East Coast Risk Management – a division of Keystone
Lehigh Valley, PA
Job Location: Hazleton, PA
The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high-speed complex environment.
Under limited supervision, the Sr Specialist Environmental Health & Safety provides leadership and direction for development of safety programs to ensure compliance with regulations and company policy.
- Develop and implement plant-wide safety policies and programs
- Conduct EHS assessments and provide guidance to Business Unit Managers, Supervisors, and other functional teams
- Develop and deliver safety training programs to all levels of management and employees
- Participate/provide leadership on multifunctional teams to provide safety support and guidance
- Work with numerous internal customers
- Interact with local, state/provincial, and federal level regulators. Mentor lead and guide Supervisors, Business Unit Leaders through Safety Incident Management, Safety Management System, Audits, Training, Workers Compensation, Industrial Hygiene and Projects as the subject matter expert in safety
- Cover for the EHS Manager in their absence, development of the Safety Specialist and leading safety committee teams
Provides risk control services to GPP clients (schools, municipalities, water and wastewater districts, and school bus contractors), performing on-site surveys in assigned state(s), servicing large accounts, and providing training and education to clients and agents. In addition to completion of onsite surveys the position requires completion of special projects and associated research to assist the department in meeting goals and staying abreast of changes in the industry.
Candidate must have the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with insurance company personnel, client leadership, and agents. Candidate must be able to show a proven track record of providing risk management services and the ability to guide the change management process. A Bachelor’s degree in risk management, safety sciences, organizational leadership, or equivalent work experience / certifications (e.g. CPCU, CIC, ARM, CRM, CSP, CFPS) is required. A high degree of curiosity and knowledge of emerging technology and risk management techniques is a must. Experience working with public entities (schools, municipalities, water and wastewater districts, and school bus contractors), knowledge of risk management techniques and standards, and a background in property risk control is desirable. The ability to work with data and provide GPP clients with a useful context for said data is a plus. GPP will also consider candidates with experience in public entity leadership, including law enforcement, emergency services, water / wastewater operations, municipal management, school administration, etc. This position would be based in the Northeast, likely service the same area, and entails a significant amount of travel (up to 60%) . Level of position will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please use the link below
Matthew N. Olphin, CPCU, CSP, ARM
Director, Client Risk Solutions
Glatfelter Insurance Group
c: 717.815.0336 | d: 717.741.7230 | 800.233.1957