The Senior Safety consultant provides clients with strategic safety leadership. This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing safety programs, training, and policies. Successful candidates will have prior experience working to build or enhance safety culture. Candidates will also need to recognize the importance of quality service and be able to build long-term client relationships. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with approximately 8-12 clients on a routine basis providing outsourced safety services per the contract scope.
- Develop long-term strategic safety plans based on loss potential, loss history, hazard identification, program needs, etc.
- Conduct routine job site and facility inspections and reports
- Conduct employee and management training and development on a variety of safety topics
- Policy and program development, revisions and hands-on implementation
- Partner with the business development team to pursue prospective clients and complete prospect assessments
- Provide technical expertise to support the ECRM sales process
William T. Paletski, PE CSP
Sr. EHS Consultant | East Coast Risk Management – a division of Keystone
Lehigh Valley, PA
Human Active Technology (Team-HAT.com) is a rapidly growing designer and manufacturer of monitor mounting solutions as well as other ergonomic office products, including height adjustable tables, with a large and varied worldwide customer base. We specialize in custom manufacturing and pride ourselves in creative solutions and superior quality. We’re headquartered in Easton, Pa with offices and showrooms located in Santa Clara (CA), New York City, Chicago, Denmark and elsewhere.
HAT, an organization with inventive brands focused on increasing productivity wherever work happens through better ergonomics, is looking for a dynamic, hands-on, driven, Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join our team!
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role is responsible to implement/oversee all policies, procedures and interventions to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
Additional duties include:
- Ensure all facilities meet regulatory compliance standards along with proper record keeping.
- Engage with regulatory personnel, auditors, and vendors as the primary liaison to answer health, safety, and environmental questions/concerns in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible as needed.
- Oversee the worker’s compensation program.
- Lead/chair the safety committee’s and ensure employees are actively participating in an active committee.
- Lead the First Aid/CPR Responder/and ERT teams.
- Maintain emergency preparations, drills, and responses.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Serve as company point person for product compliance regulations such as ROHS, REACH, Prop 65, Conflict Minerals, EPA-TSCA, Formaldehyde Emission Standards for Composite Wood Products, etc…
- Manage company’s “Compliance Mailbox” including Supplier Certifications Management for customer inquiries.
- Make recommendations on process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to work hazards.
- Perform necessary risk assessments/job safety analysis
- Investigate, manage, and oversee workplace injuries. Ensure sufficient Root Cause Analysis is performed for safety incidents. Present findings and actions to Senior Management Team.
- Administer mandatory monthly/annual environmental, health and safety training. Ensure all newly hired employees, agency employees, contractors, visitors, and temporarily transferred employees receive proper training.
Successful applicants should have a minimum of 3-5 years of safety/environmental industrial experience, and bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a strong plus.
We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, medical and dental benefits, and a 401(k) plan. We foster a fun, collaborative workplace.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Salary range for the position is $70k-90k per year.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Job Location: Hazleton, PA
The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high-speed complex environment.
Under limited supervision, the Sr Specialist Environmental Health & Safety provides leadership and direction for development of safety programs to ensure compliance with regulations and company policy.
- Develop and implement plant-wide safety policies and programs
- Conduct EHS assessments and provide guidance to Business Unit Managers, Supervisors, and other functional teams
- Develop and deliver safety training programs to all levels of management and employees
- Participate/provide leadership on multifunctional teams to provide safety support and guidance
- Work with numerous internal customers
- Interact with local, state/provincial, and federal level regulators. Mentor lead and guide Supervisors, Business Unit Leaders through Safety Incident Management, Safety Management System, Audits, Training, Workers Compensation, Industrial Hygiene and Projects as the subject matter expert in safety
- Cover for the EHS Manager in their absence, development of the Safety Specialist and leading safety committee teams
Provides risk control services to GPP clients (schools, municipalities, water and wastewater districts, and school bus contractors), performing on-site surveys in assigned state(s), servicing large accounts, and providing training and education to clients and agents. In addition to completion of onsite surveys the position requires completion of special projects and associated research to assist the department in meeting goals and staying abreast of changes in the industry.
Candidate must have the interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with insurance company personnel, client leadership, and agents. Candidate must be able to show a proven track record of providing risk management services and the ability to guide the change management process. A Bachelor’s degree in risk management, safety sciences, organizational leadership, or equivalent work experience / certifications (e.g. CPCU, CIC, ARM, CRM, CSP, CFPS) is required. A high degree of curiosity and knowledge of emerging technology and risk management techniques is a must. Experience working with public entities (schools, municipalities, water and wastewater districts, and school bus contractors), knowledge of risk management techniques and standards, and a background in property risk control is desirable. The ability to work with data and provide GPP clients with a useful context for said data is a plus. GPP will also consider candidates with experience in public entity leadership, including law enforcement, emergency services, water / wastewater operations, municipal management, school administration, etc. This position would be based in the Northeast, likely service the same area, and entails a significant amount of travel (up to 60%) . Level of position will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please use the link below
Matthew N. Olphin, CPCU, CSP, ARM
Director, Client Risk Solutions
Glatfelter Insurance Group
c: 717.815.0336 | d: 717.741.7230 | 800.233.1957